The External Affairs Board coordinates the external affairs and activities of the GSC, including relationships with organizations outside MIT; political advocacy at all levels of government; community outreach, education, and service; and statements of the positions of the GSC or the graduate student body on issues of significance to the welfare of graduate students at MIT.
The Board has 5 subcommittees:
- Subcommittee on Federal Affairs – Responsible for all communications, collaboration, and advocacy with the federal government of the United States
- Subcommittee on State and Local Affairs – Responsible for all communications, collaboration, and advocacy with state and local governments
- Subcommittee on External Affairs Events – Plans and carries out events for MIT students to increase civic engagement, awareness of political developments relevant to graduate students, and understanding of political or policy-focused career paths
- Subcommittee of the University Liaison – Responsible for all communications, collaboration, and actions with other graduate student governments and related associations
- Subcommittee on Public Outreach – Responsible for activities to communicate the public benefits of science, especially to Americans without scientific training.
The Board is led by Chair Daniel Curtis and Vice-Chair Peter Su. For a full list and bios of all board members, click here.
Daniel Curtis & Peter Su
External Affairs Board Chair & Vice-Chair
GSC Positions & Statements
GSC Policy Platform
List of position statements and letters
Next board meeting: Thursday, April 13th at 5:30pm in 50-220 (GSC Office)
Upcoming Events and Activities
Join Us Today!
Sign up for our email list or contact us at email@example.com.