- Annual Bike Fest
- Earth Week Activities (Watch 2014 Video of Public Waste Audit of W20!)
- Green Team
- Green Events Guide
- Tech Trash Trendsetters (Use & Signage of Waste Bins)
- Furniture Donation & Reuse
- Coordination with Graduate Dorm Environment/Sustainability Chairs
- Greening Orientation 2015 – Lead Needed
- What you are interested in can go here!
But let’s start to think big too! Green Revolving Loan Fund? Improve/Replace leaking windows? Reduce heating and cooling energy use?
Existing sustainability-minded groups:
- UA Sustainability
- Working Green at MIT
- MIT Food and Agriculture Collaborative
- Water Club @MIT
- Fossil Free MIT
- Live in Cambridge? Then you should read this.
- and many more!
In 2010-2011, the Graduate Student Council initiated a Sustainability Task Force to think strategically about how we as an organization can contribute to a sustainable future. The Task Force culminated in a report, which was presented at the May, 2011, General Council Meeting.
In response to the report, and in light of a general commitment to advancing sustainability within the organization and across MIT, the GSC has announced the creation of a Sustainability Subcommittee. Unfortunately during 2011-2013 year, the committee ceased to exist with leadership. But we’re back in the swing of things now with Becky Romatoski and Caroline Howe bringing the committee back to life in 2013.
Becky Romatoski and Cherry Gao are the current committee co-chairs. If you’re interested in sustainability we’d love to hear your ideas and get your help on projects and initiatives. Email us at gsc-sustainability[at]mit[dot]edu or sign-up for the committee by joining the mailing list.
If you would like more information or to get involved in this new and exciting GSC subcommittee, please contact us at: gsc-sustainability[at]mit[dot]edu