GSC Collaboration Award
Aim of the award:
In order to facilitate the collaboration and interdisciplinary activities/events across different student groups, this award encourages the student groups to think outside the box and forge collaboration with other groups, going deeper than simply sharing financial resources.
The award will be given to two to four flagship events. The application will start in September and end on September 21st at 11:00 PM.
Criteria and priority:
- Event must be co-organized by at least three different student groups. The student groups must have a balanced and shared role in organizing the event.
- Event must have positive and sustainable impact on its constituents and MIT graduate population as a whole.
- Event must be well planned with a detailed budget layout (include expenses and funding sources)
- Event must facilitate the conversation of students from different student groups and encourage lasting impact on the students from each group.
- Event must be open to all MIT graduate students
- Plus: Shows initiative to think out of the box and optimize the usage of their resources
Application are currently open.
Please submit your applications here. Your event must occur between October 1st 2014 and March 31st 2015.
Reimbursement for Individual Expenses:
In order to get reimbursement from the Collaboration Reward, as allocated by GSC Funding Board, your student group must
- Publicize the event at least two weeks in advance using, at a minimum, the MIT’s Events Calendar and the GSC anno. Posters and other advertising media may also be used. Here is the link to add events.
- Be sure to include GSC Funding Board (group code 2800) as a co-sponsor on the Events Calendar. (View currently posted events).
- Use the Funding Board logo (black or white) on all advertisements.
*Note that paper posters are not required and should be used with the knowledge that they generate low awareness and large amounts of waste.
- Submit both the electronic and hard copy components of each reimbursement request before 5pm on the funding cycle deadline, as set by the GSC treasurer:
Steps to get reimbursement through Sapweb:
Student groups are encouraged to use the online SAPweb Request for Payment (RFP) service.
- Start online reimbursement form at by clicking on Reimbursement on the left on at SAPWEB
- Please reference the funding period, event title, and event details in the reimbursement form.
- Use relevant G/L expense categories below.
- Submit the scanned receipts, scanned proof of payment, and an electronic print-out of the MIT calendar listing as attachment. Accepted formats include pdf, jpg, png, gif or bmp.
- Please fill in the ‘cost object’ with your group’s funding account number, and use G/L account 420344 for event expenses, and G/L account 421588 for capital expenses.
- After completing all fields, please choose the treasurer or other financial signatories of your group as the recipient for approval.
- The treasurer or other financial signatories should then approve and “Send To” “Student Activities Office” for approval.
- The original itemized receipts, and proof of payment (remember, MIT is tax exempt) should be sent to the SAFO (W20-549).
- Comply with the Institute and GSC Alcohol Policies. Failure to comply with MIT policies and/or GSC Funding Board Guidelines could lead to citations and/or warnings from the GSC Funding Board regarding the GSC funding related issues, and/or a failure on the part of the GSC to provide funding and/or reimbursement.
Student groups are required to submit a detailed post-event report to GSC Treasurer within 30 days of the date of the event.