Officer and Executive Committee Elections
This page lists GSC election dates, currently nominated officer candidates, and provides an excerpt regarding elections from the GSC Constitution & Bylaws.
Interested in learning more about the positions? Contact the current team at firstname.lastname@example.org
GSC election dates
- Nominations open: Wed March 4, 2015
- Nominations close: Wed March 25, 2015
- Meet the Officer Candidates Event – 5:00pm to 6:30pm, Thur March 26, 2015 in 50-220
- Officer elections: At the GCM start at 5:30pm, Wed April 1, 2015 in 32-144
- Academics, Research & Careers – 6:00pm, Wed April 15, 2015 in 50-220
- Housing & Community Affairs – 5:30pm, Mon April 6, 2015 in 50-220
- Orientation – 5:30pm, Wed April 8, 2015 in 50-220
- Activities – 5:00pm, Wed April 15, 2015 in 50-220
- Association of Student Activities – 6:00pm, Wed March 11, 2015 in 34-101
2014-2015 GSC Officer candidates
Presented in alphabetical order.
|President||Statement of Purpose||Resume|
|Michael McClellan||Statement||Curriculum Vitae|
|Daniel Smithwick||Statement||Curriculum Vitae|
GSC election procedures
The following are relevant instructions regarding Officer election procedures. More details can be found in the GSC Constitution and by-laws.
- The officers shall be nominated and elected by the Council at its April meeting. They shall assume office at the May meeting.
- Nominations for officer positions will open at the March meeting and will remain open until one week before the elections. A nomination consists of a nomination vote by a Council member and a second by another Council member. Both the nomination and the second may be carried out orally at the meeting or as signed statements at any other time the nominations are open.
- All candidates shall prepare a statement of purpose before the day the nominations close, which will be posted on this webpage. The Council will sponsor an informal coffee hour on the day the nominations close during which graduate students will have the chance to meet the candidates and ask any relevant questions. Statement of Purpose Example
- In the event that no one is nominated for a position at the time the nominations close, the nominations will reopen during the April meeting prior to the elections.
At the April meeting:
- The elections will be carried out in the order of President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Any unsuccessful candidate may run for one of the remaining positions without any further nomination procedure.
- All candidates for a position will give a speech of no more than five minutes on.
- The Council will have the chance to ask questions of the candidates. All questions will be addressed to all the candidates, and each candidate will have one minute to answer the questions.
- The candidates will be asked to leave the room and closed-ballot voting will take place.