Graduate Community Space
FORUM ON STUDENT SPACE – NOVEMBER 2ND, 2011
Our major event for the Fall Semester shall be the Forum on Student Space, which will take place at 6:30 pm on Wednesday, November 2nd in the Pritchett Lounge (50-258).
Food and drinks will be served!
The GSC Task Force on Graduate Community Space is an ad hoc committee that will run throughout 2011-12 (http://gsc.mit.edu/uploads/GSC/58gsc2.1.pdf) to:
- Establish a better understanding of the current state of (graduate) student space at MIT, both quantitatively and qualitatively;
- Explore what others are doing to provide effective student spaces;
- Create a coherent vision of an ideal future for MIT in terms of student space;
- Provide lessons learned and data to CRISP, the Teaching and Learning Spaces WG, and other space-related entities across the Institute; and
- Advocate for interventions that enhance the quality and quantity of student space across MIT.
We are particularly focused on the realms beyond the formal laboratory or office in which students interact, study and satiate their physical and mental needs. These are the highly important but often neglected territories in which ideas are born and bodies and minds recharged. They range from quiet nooks with a handful of desks to large halls for major events.
If you would like more information or to get involved, contact co-chairs Ellan Spero and Todd Schenk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are running a photo competition to collect space-related pictures in preparation for the Forum. The deadline for submissions is October 31st, 2011, at midnight. Prizes will be rewarded.
For more information, visit: http://gsc.mit.edu/graduate-community-space-photo-competition/