Graduate student groups, graduate dorm governments and GSC Excutive Committee members are eligible to borrow various equipment provided by the GSC.
Please take a look at the AV Requests Calendar for equipment availability. Use the form here to submit your request. The GSC Administrators will reply to your requests within 1 working day.
Alternatively, please contact gsc-admin[at]mit[dot]edu to make rental arrangments.
|$10 Laser pointer|
|$25 Audio loudspeaker system with mixer|
|$50 Entire Sound System|
|$25 Karaoke system|
|$30 Digital video camera|
|$0 Portable LCD Projector (Funding Board groups only)|
Policies and Procedures
Below is our detailed rental policy:
- Only ASA-recognized student groups, graduate dorm governments or GSC Executive Committee members are eligible to borrow GSC audio equipment for approved on-campus events and programs.
- GSC audio equipment which may be borrowed consists of the following items:
- Signing out and returning equipment must be done with a GSC administrator (usually) between the hours of 11 am – 6 pm, Monday-Friday.
- Borrowing agreement & Deposit: A group’s president or treasurer must sign the Agreement Form and give a valid group account number before equipment is borrowed. The group may be charged if the equipment is damaged or needs to be replaced.
- Rental Fee: see the “Price list” Section above. Fees can be charged to a student group account or paid in cash or check (made out to “MIT GSC”). Receipts will be issued for reimbursement purposes.
- Equipment must be collected from the GSC office on day of or, in the case of weekend events, the day before the event, between hours when the GSC office is staffed and returned to the GSC office on day or day after the event , in the case of weekend events, between hours when the GSC office is staffed
- A vehicle or wheeled cart will probably be needed for transporting the equipment.
- When not in use, all equipment must be stored in an appropriate locked area.
- Responsibility for prompt, complete return of undamaged equipment will rest solely with the borrower. Damaged or unreturned equipment may result in charges and/or denial of future borrowing privileges.